Monday, March 9, 2009

The McGangBang

One of my buddies was telling me about this new sandwich at McDonalds called the McGangBang and it pretty much sounds like the greatest food creation that I have heard of lately. The concept is easy; a double cheeseburger with a McChicken sandwich inside of it but the name is what sells me. Click here to see a website that can give you a little more info. Lately I've been very excited with all of the new food concepts that have been coming out. Food can be an artistic expression and going out to eat takes away from the artistic value but by creating these new takes on classic fast food dishes it ads some excitement back into eating out.

Lately my friends and I have been creating ways to make dining out fun and the latest has been what we like to call the trifecta. There is an awesome burrito joint in Lawrence, KS called Burrito King and they serve giant burritos for about $3.00. We used to make the drive down, eat a burrito and call it a night but lately we've been adding more and more food to the line up. The trifecta is composed of a burrito from BK, a pizza from Pizza Shuttle and tacos from Taco Johns. If you are ever in Lawrence you should see if you can handle the trifecta. Next up on my list though is the McGangBang, it just sounds too good to pass up. Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Wow....this is the first I've heard of it, but it's truly amazing what the human mind (and stomach) comes up with. Let me know what you think when you try it, haha.

    Have you ever tried Schlotzsky's? You'd probably like their new Big League Clubz (there's Beef 'n Bacon, Chick'n Turkey and Ham 'n Turkey) as part of their new baseball-themed sweepstakes and promotion. Beef 'n Bacon seems to be the popular choice, haha. They're giving away a trip to St. Louis, Missouri in July and tons of other stuff - www.bigleagueclubz.com.

    The contest runs until 5/31/09 so check it out, and let me know if you try a Big League Clubz! (your trifecta sounds pretty amazing too)

    Happy eating,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete